Name of Missionary: Paul Kingori
Name of Ministry: The King’s House
Nature of Ministry: Orphanage
• That the registration process goes through with no further delays.
• That finance will be available for the extra staff.
• For stability in the nation so that everybody will be well.
• For the forthcoming visit of Sheila Harris, in November, the orphanage’s main fundraiser and supporter.
• Sponsors are needed for each child at £20 per month.
• Equipment and means of transport to Kenya are needed.
• Funding is needed to cover the wages for: Matron, Social Worker, Cook, Night Watchman, Accountant, goat/chicken gardener man. Each employees’ wages are estimated at 10,000 kes a month.
• Funding is needed to enable Sheila Harris to send out more sewing machines.
• Funding for tables and chairs.
• Funding is needed for storage shelves for the kitchen and store room.
The orphanage is working towards self sufficiency: the borehole is dug, installed and passed fit to allow them to sell water to the neighbours in times of drought. A chicken/egg project has been funded and will soon start.
The goats funded by iTeams, have been bought, together with 3 others to start a breeding programme and a fine goat house has been funded.
A classroom has been built to serve as Paul’s office and to start paid needlework classes for the community, the classes are to be free, as a trial, for the first year and subsequently charged to cover the cost of the instructor’s wages, plus for maintenance and profit. To this end, they now have 17 sewing machines but no tables or chairs, desks, bookcases or filing cabinets.
Paul will welcome volunteers to go and work on the project. They would be lodged in his house but would need to be self supporting volunteers. They would take the place of a member of staff and so save wages.